In this 19-hour 1-weekend workshop on Koi carps & Fancy Goldfish in Aquaponics, we’ll focus on the breeding of these high-value niche-market fish species.
As a matter of fact, the production of these fish species will satisfy a market demand that values the quality of each specimen rather than the quantity. So that you can start a business with a low initial investment and scalable aquaponic systems that we’ll explain you how to build.
Moreover, at our Aquaponics Farm you’ll see different growth stages of these fish species. That is to say, from the mating of the breeders (for what concerns Fancy Goldfish) to the rearing of 2-year old specimen (regarding Koi carps).
The workshop includes theoretical lessons as well as practical simulations. In such a way to immediately test the given instructions and outlined principles.
AVAILABILITY: 4 people
12.30 -14.30 We welcome the attendees and get to know each other, talking a bit about your experience and business project.
16.00 – 19.30 Introduction to Aquaponics, Visit to My Rivendell Aquaponics Farm. Time for questions.
9.30 -13.3O Practical experience on the daily management routine in an Aquaponics facility:
- collection of the live and fresh food for fish in the system;
- the amount of dry food to provide for your fish;
- how to monitor the water bio-chemical parameters and which one you need to know for guaranteeing the well-being of your fish;
- which nutrients for thriving plants you have to constantly add to your system and how often;
- how to detect the health of your fish from the colors of its body and its behavior;
- which density to keep in your tank for the highest-quality fish;
16.00 -19.30 Introduction to Koi carps & Fancy Goldfish and their breeding. As well as how to select the best specimens for their body characteristics and size and how to determine their sex.
9.30-13.30 Implementation of a scalable aquaponic system with building and hydraulic materials, that you can reply at home. And simulation of its first productive stages.
16.30 -18.30 Lesson on the fish disease, that particularly affect Koi carps & Fancy Goldfish and the natural water treatments to cure them. As well the hygienic norms for the prevention of epidemics to spread in your tanks. Time for questions. Release of the certificates.
THAT’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to build a repeatable and scalable Aquaponic system with a low initial investment ✔
- How to daily manage an Aquaponics facility, keeping the correct environmental parameters and hygienic conditions for the best growth of Koi carps & Goldfish and plants. ✔
- Why focusing on the ornamental niche-market? The potential of the application of Aquaponics to grow both ornamental fish species and flowers. ✔
- Identification of the Koi and the Goldfish varieties ✔
- Selection of the best individuals to rear according to their growth rate and the patterns on their bodies✔
- Koi and Goldfish diseases and how to treat them ✔
- Peculiar breeding characteristics of Koi ✔
- Hints of global market analysis on the production of these fish species.✔
Price: 499 eur
BOOK IT NOW!
special discounts are available:
€ 50 discount for reservations done before 21 April 2019
€ 20 discount exclusively for our mailing list subscribers
5% discount for three-people group
FOLLOW US ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE >>
CANCELLATION POLICY: Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 72 hours before a scheduled class. This gives us the opportunity to fill the class. You may cancel by phone or online here. If you have to cancel your class, we offer you a credit to your account if you cancel before the 72 hours , but do not offer refunds. You may use these credits towards any future class. However, if you do not cancel prior to the 48 hours, you will lose the payment for the class. The owner has the only right to be flexible here.